Thank you for your interest in submitting a letter to the RKD & Me campaign! Your letter will be an important part of RKD & Me and instrumental in shaping what we want the public to know about what it’s like to live with a rare kidney disease. Here are some questions to help get you started in writing a letter to your younger self.
- What was it like to first learn about your RKD diagnosis, or the diagnosis of someone you love?
- What were some of the moments when you felt most challenged living with, or caring for someone with RKD? When did you feel proud? When did you feel inspired?
- What kind of support did you have along the way? What kind of support did you wish you had?
- What were the moments you recall when your disease, or the disease of your loved one, started to impact your daily life and decision-making?
- How did RKD impact your family, relationships, work, career, hobbies, or other areas of life that are meaningful to you?
- Is there anything new or interesting that you’ve learned about yourself since your diagnosis, or the diagnosis of your loved one?
- What is one thing you would want your younger self to know about life right now?